Subject: Re: bug#22276: .sig

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2016 19:04:38 +0100

Hi,

I’ve amended that section of the manual based on text from the
announcement (see
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2015-11/msg00002.html>).
Step 1 becomes:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  1. Download the binary tarball from
     ‘ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-binary-0.9.0.SYSTEM.tar.xz’,
     where SYSTEM is ‘x86_64-linux’ for an ‘x86_64’ machine already
     running the kernel Linux, and so on.

     Make sure to download the associated ‘.sig’ file and to verify the
     authenticity of the tarball against it, along these lines:

          $ wget ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-binary-0.9.0.SYSTEM.tar.xz.sig
          $ gpg --verify guix-binary-0.9.0.SYSTEM.tar.xz.sig

     If that command fails because you don’t have the required public
     key, then run this command to import it:

          $ gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys 3D9AEBB5

     and rerun the ‘gpg --verify’ command.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thanks for your feedback!

Ludo’.