Subject: bug#22276: .sig

From: Alex Kost <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2016 12:50:56 +0300

Ludovic Courtès (2016-01-03 14:22 +0300) wrote:

> Seems that the GPH repository given at
> <https://www.gnupg.org/download/cvs_access.html> is now unreachable:
>
> $ cvs -z3 -d :pserver:[email-masked]:/cvs/gph co gph
> cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to cvs.gnupg.org(217.69.76.56):2401 failed: Connection refused
>
> Incidentally, it’s DocBook, not Texinfo, so not convenient to refer to.
>
> We could refer to the GnuPG manual, but it’s very much a reference
> manual and doesn’t introduce OpenPGP concepts.

Yes, I think a reference to the gpg manual wouldn't help (I didn't find
an answer to my question there)

> It sounds like fixing this documentation issue is beyond the scope of
> Guix;

I agree.

> on possible fix would be to revive the GPH, possibly converting it
> to Texinfo and integrating it into GnuPG itself.

It would be great, but I'm not a volunteer :-)

-- 
Alex