Subject: 24.4; Docs misspell c-set-offset command

From: Jerry Quinn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 13:48:21 -0500

In the info pages of CC mode, the following description appears.
c-set-offset is incorectly pluralized in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs:

 -- Command: c-set-offset (‘C-c C-o’)
     This command changes the entry for a syntactic symbol in the
     current binding of ‘c-offsets-alist’, or it inserts a new entry if
     there isn’t already one for that syntactic symbol.

     You can use ‘c-set-offsets’ interactively within a CC Mode buffer
     to make experimental changes to your indentation settings.  ‘C-c
     C-o’ prompts you for the syntactic symbol to change (defaulting to
     that of the current line) and the new offset (defaulting to the
     current offset).

     ‘c-set-offsets’ takes two arguments when used programmatically:
     SYMBOL, the syntactic element symbol to change and OFFSET, the new
     offset for that syntactic element.  You can call the command in
     your ‘.emacs’ to change the global binding of ‘c-offsets-alist’
     (*note Style Variables::); you can use it in a hook function to
     make changes from the current style.  CC Mode itself uses this
     function when initializing styles.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.9)
 of 2015-03-21 on kissel, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11701000
System Description:	Ubuntu 15.04

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars
 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -Wall' CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  iswitchb-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x o C-h v c - h a <tab> g <backspace> n g <tab> b 
r <tab> <return> C-x o C-x o C-x 4 b <return> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <return> 
C-s s e t - C-a <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <next> <prior> 
<prior> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <up> <down> 
<down> C-x o M-> C-x o i h o o k <return> C-x o C-x 
o C-x o <up> <up> <up> C-SPC <C-down> C-w C-x C-s M-< 
C-x C-f <M-backspace> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
<M-backspace> . e m <tab> <return> C-a M-> C-x C-g 
C-g <return> M-( c - s e t - o f f M-/ SPC C-x o M-< 
l C-x o <left> s <right> i n n a m e s p a c e SPC 
0 C-e C-x C-e q C-g C-g C-h f c - s e t <tab> SPC o 
f <tab> <tab> <tab> C-g <C-left> <C-left> <C-left> 
<C-right> <backspace> C-x o C-h C-g C-g M-x e m a <tab> 
v <tab> <return> C-x o M-x e m a <tab> r e p o <tab> 
r <tab> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> r e p o r t SPC 
e m a <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Expansion found in '*info*'
Mark set
Entering debugger...
Back to top level.
Quit [2 times]
Making completion list...
Quit
C-h C-g is undefined
Quit
GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.9) of 2015-03-21 on kissel, modified by Debian

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp/bhl hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bhl
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums debug cus-edit apropos
kmacro two-column iso-transl cmacexp pp vc-git byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv misearch multi-isearch shell pcomplete compile comint
ansi-color ring help-mode dabbrev info jka-compr tar-mode add-log dired
sh-script smie executable perl-mode conf-mode vc-hg todoo noutline
outline make-mode vc-dispatcher vc-svn cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts
easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs desktop frameset saveplace paren iswitchb gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr wid-edit cl-loaddefs
cl-lib cus-start cus-load emacs-goodies-el emacs-goodies-custom
emacs-goodies-loaddefs easy-mmode time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 471504 97546)
 (symbols 48 35497 0)
 (miscs 40 930 2258)
 (strings 32 51738 17919)
 (string-bytes 1 1540242)
 (vectors 16 29847)
 (vector-slots 8 1594272 190497)
 (floats 8 102 805)
 (intervals 56 45738 35)
 (buffers 960 190)
 (heap 1024 59109 2752))