Subject: bug#22265: closed (Re: bug#22265: 24.5; xscheme minibuffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 00:04:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22265: 24.5; xscheme minibuffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22265: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22265
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22265: 24.5; xscheme minibuffer
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 19:03:36 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 25.1

Federico Beffa wrote:

> I get the correct behavior if I replace '(point-min)' with
> '(minibuffer-prompt-end)'.

Thanks; applied.

> However, the behavior is only correct if I load the non-compiled '.el'
> file. If I byte-compile the file I still get the problem described
> above. Any advice on what's going wrong?

Works for me when compiled. I can only guess PEBKAC. ;)

Subject: 24.5; xscheme minibuffer
From: Federico Beffa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 18:24:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I use mit-scheme 9.2 with the scheme-mode provided by xscheme in Emacs
24.5.1. I've noticed that there is a problem with the minibuffer. Here a
trivial example:

1. Load 'xscheme' with "(require 'xscheme)" and run the scheme
interpreter with 'run-scheme'.

2. Make a mistake to enter the debugger, say '(+ 1 b)' with 'b' not defined.

3. Tell the debugger you want to define 'b' by entering '(restart 3)'.

4. Now the prompt asks for 'Value to use instead of b:'. The problem is
that if you type a number and press enter it doesn't accept the input
and asks again.

This behavior is controlled by this function:

(defun xscheme-prompt-for-expression-exit ()
  (interactive)
  (if (eq (xscheme-region-expression-p (point-min) (point-max)) 'one)
      (exit-minibuffer)
      (error "input must be a single, complete expression")))

I get the correct behavior if I replace '(point-min)' with
'(minibuffer-prompt-end)'. However, the behavior is only correct if I
load the non-compiled '.el' file. If I byte-compile the file I still get
the problem described above. Any advice on what's going wrong?

Thanks,
Fede

In GNU Emacs 24.5.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.2)
 of 2015-11-27 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:    Debian GNU/Linux 7.9 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure
 CONFIG_SHELL=/gnu/store/311nvir0pz1mhf0mgsmfrw00qfj7yq0j-bash-4.3.39/bin/bash
 SHELL=/gnu/store/311nvir0pz1mhf0mgsmfrw00qfj7yq0j-bash-4.3.39/bin/bash
 --prefix=/gnu/store/zk1dl3k7gkpnvsvam68bw29agvvs3cvn-emacs-24.5
 --enable-fast-install'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Mark set
scroll-up-command: End of buffer [5 times]
Quit
No server buffers remain to edit
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list... [2 times]
Quit
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [2 times]
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail edmacro kmacro scheme-complete cl xscheme
loadhist info-look etags advice eldoc tq view scheme compile misearch
multi-isearch help-mode jka-compr info diff-mode flow-fill mule-util shr
browse-url mm-archive sort smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml disp-table nndraft nnmh nndoc nnfolder parse-time
netrc gnutls network-stream auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core starttls tls gnus-agent gnus-srvr
gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap nntp
gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message idna rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr wid-edit
ob-ipython json f s dash-functional dash ob-python ob-scheme ob-haskell
ob-lisp org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys
ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
guix-init scmutils-autoloads f-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
ob-ipython-autoloads dash-autoloads s-autoloads paredit-autoloads
haskell-mode-autoloads cl-extra guix-emacs cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
guix-profiles guix-config guix-autoloads rx easymenu printing ps-print
ps-def lpr paren server time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 327416 16879)
 (symbols 48 39589 0)
 (miscs 40 166 601)
 (strings 32 76896 11578)
 (string-bytes 1 2429817)
 (vectors 16 29923)
 (vector-slots 8 663359 29943)
 (floats 8 533 759)
 (intervals 56 14457 145)
 (buffers 960 22)
 (heap 1024 54082 12583))