Subject: Re: bug#22250: 25.0.50; Eww fails to break RTL paragraph

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2015 19:04:50 +0200

> From: Benjamin Riefenstahl <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 23:33:33 +0100
> 
> >> Benjamin Riefenstahl writes:
> >> On practical level, there is still the matter of paragraphs using
> >> diacritics.
> 
> Eli Zaretskii writes:
> > Is that the only remaining problem?
> 
> At this point every problem in my application and test cases that I
> still see involves diacritics.

I fixed that case now, please try the latest emacs-25 branch.  It was
a very subtle problem with shr-vertical-motion (which actually
triggered a bug in vertical-motion).

> > Does this mean there's one more problem?
> 
> Not with my application and test cases.  But it seems to me, that
> contrary to what you believed, bidi-paragraph-direction=nil still does
> have an effect on the layout, even when bidi-display-reordering is nil.

I'll need a clear test case to look into this.  Every place in the
code I reviewed that references bidi-paragraph-direction does so only
if bidi-display-reordering is non-nil, but maybe I'm missing some
subtlety.

Thanks.