Subject: Re: bug#22250: 25.0.50; Eww fails to break RTL paragraph

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 21:45:25 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 20:30:40 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Do you know whether this used to work, and stopped working after the
> recent directional fixes, by any chance?

Before those directional fixes the value of bidi-paragraph-direction
was 'left-to-right', i.e. it ignored the dir=rtl meta-data.  So
obviously, the problem didn't exist back then, but it didn't start
_because_ of that change.  It's just that the change you made exposed
a bug in the line-breaking algorithm -- it somehow assumes
unidirectional text somewhere.  If you manually set
bidi-paragraph-direction to 'left-to-right', after visiting that file,
the problem disappears, leaving on screen just the incorrect display.

If you can point me to the code which does that, I might find the
problem and suggest the solution.

Thanks.