Subject: Re: bug#22247: 24.4; ghost mouse pointer

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 18:08:59 +0200

> Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 22:40:51 +0100
> From: Pierpaolo Bernardi <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I tried the following:
> 
> - started emacs -Q
> 
> - in the *scratch* buffer I pasted and evaluated the code above
> 
> - (btw, in emacs -Q the  (global-set-key [f12] 'move-cursor-out)
> appears to have no effect, and pressing F12 tells me "<F12> is
> undefined". Do you happen to know why?)

It doesn't happen to me.  (Although using F12 on Windows is not a good
idea anyway, as that key forces break into debugger on some Windows
versions.)

> - so I did: M-x move-cursor-out (tried several times),  and sometimes
> the ghost mouse pointer is left in place, and some other times this
> does not happen.

All I can say that it doesn't happen here, and I've never seen
anything like that in all the years I'm using Emacs on Windows.

Can it be that this has something to do with your display settings
and/or the video acceleration?

> More data that can be useful: the ghost pointer remains on the screen
> until I don't move the mouse.  I can do everything with the keyboard
> without disturbing the ghost image. The ghost image disappears as soon
> as I touch the mouse.

Video acceleration would be my first suspect.