Subject: bug#22247: 24.4; ghost mouse pointer

From: Pierpaolo Bernardi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 22:40:51 +0100

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 7:59 PM, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I cannot reproduce this, neither in Emacs 24.4 nor in the current
> development version.
>
> Does this happen you in "emacs -Q"?

I tried the following:

- started emacs -Q

- in the *scratch* buffer I pasted and evaluated the code above

- (btw, in emacs -Q the  (global-set-key [f12] 'move-cursor-out)
appears to have no effect, and pressing F12 tells me "<F12> is
undefined". Do you happen to know why?)

- so I did: M-x move-cursor-out (tried several times),  and sometimes
the ghost mouse pointer is left in place, and some other times this
does not happen.

More data that can be useful: the ghost pointer remains on the screen
until I don't move the mouse.  I can do everything with the keyboard
without disturbing the ghost image. The ghost image disappears as soon
as I touch the mouse.

Thanks!