Subject: bug#22244: 25.0.50; Make eww use display-buffer to display eww buffer

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2016 07:01:53 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> For a couple more days, and then most of February, I think.

pop-to-buffer-same-window is the function we could use.

But this issue is not as easy as it seemed.  The whole code must be
reworked to work with multiple eww buffers.  E.g.

(defun eww-browse-url (url &optional new-window)
  (cond (new-window
	 (switch-to-buffer (generate-new-buffer "*eww*"))
         (eww-mode)))
  (eww url))

creates a new buffer when new-window is non-nil, but eww calls
eww-setup-buffer, which unconditionally goes back to a hardcoded "*eww*"
named buffer again.

I don't know the code well and would prefer if you could had a look.  I
dunno in which direction we want to go (tabs, some day, maybe?).

Regards,

Michael.