Subject: Re: bug#22241: 25.0.50; etags Ruby parser problems

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 22:59:35 +0300

On 02/02/2016 09:16 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

>> So you would handle
>>
>> attr_WHATEVER :foo, :bar # comment
>>
>> and probably
>>
>> attr_WHATEVER :bar;

> OK, this is all implemented, except...

Thank you.

>> If there's a comma at the end of the current line, the argument list
>> continues on the next one.
>
> ...this.  If supporting such split definitions is important, it will
> need a slightly more complex code.

It's basically a multiline function call. Not sure how frequently that 
is used with attr_* in practice, but in our big project at work, just 
one out of 190 attr_* declarations is multiline.

So, it happens, but in the vast majority of cases the arguments stay on 
one line. Some projects (like Rails) choose to make several calls 
instead, as a stylistic choice.

I can't really say yet if the lack of support for multiline calls is a 
significant problem, but it is an omission.

Whether to implement it now, or close this bug and wait until another 
bug report, is up to you.

>> .rb .ru .rbw Rakefile Thorfile
>
> Also done (and doing so exposed a real bug in etags).

Thanks! Looks good.