Subject: Re: bug#22241: 25.0.50; etags Ruby parser problems

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 01:06:07 +0300

On 01/30/2016 03:21 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> Please take a look at the results of commit 25b79d7 on the emacs-25
> branch.  I think I implemented everything except the optional name
> qualification.  I hope the results are good enough.  If you agree,
> please close the bug.
>
> Of course, if there are still bugs, or the implementation doesn't
> catch some use cases, please show them.

Thank you.

First, it doesn't seem like it handles attr_reader, attr_writter, 
attr_accessor and method_alias, like I asked at the end of the bug 
report. That line of discussion was somehow dropped.

Second: a minor thing. If I remove the space after '=', 'ABC =4' doesn't 
get recorded.

Third, this is tangential, but I don't think anybody uses the .ruby 
extension for Ruby files (you can see it's not in auto-mode-alist). But 
maybe someone somewhere will use it for something else, and etags will 
erroneously parse that file as Ruby?

On the other hand, you might want to add *.ru, *.rbw, Rakefile and 
Thorfile to the list of Ruby file names.

I'll be sure to let you know if I notice something else.