Subject: Re: bug#22241: 25.0.50; etags Ruby parser problems

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 19:43:47 +0300

On 01/30/2016 01:52 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> What about the following snippet: what tags, if any, should it produce
> for the 'class' line?
>
> class << a
>    def inspect
>      '"bar"'
>    end
> end

No tags on the class line. It's not a declaration either, it's another 
way to define a method named 'inspect' on the value of 'a'. 'a' must be 
a local variable.

> Also, in the above example, what should be the class-qualified name of
> 'inspect'?

Depends on the value of a. Which would be pretty hard for etags to 
track, hence my earlier suggestion to skip it:

     If it's followed by something other than "self"...
     maybe even skip the following scope altogether.