Subject: Re: bug#2224: [PATCH] add-log.el: Modularize add-log-current-defun, new types supported

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 20:19:56 +0200

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Think about it: why should add-log support be different than say,
> font-lock, outline, imenu, younameit?  Oh and BTW, this same function
> can/should be used for which-func-mode.

---
Which Function mode is a global minor mode.  When enabled, the
current function name is continuously displayed in the mode line,
in certain major modes.
---

Didn't know about that one.  Seems useful, especially if you're hacking
on stuff that uses looong functions.  (I've been doing some minor hacks
on mplayer, and it has, if I recall correctly, a few functions that are
in the 1500 line region...)

Anyway, that obviously makes sense.  :-)

> Of course in js.el it shouldn't be called
> `add-log-current-defun-type-javascript' but `js--current-defun-name' or
> something like that.

--?  Isn't that for internal functions?  These would be used by the
other packages...

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/