Subject: Re: bug#2222: 23.0.90; Labels in RMAIL

From: Xavier Maillard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 00:25:03 +0100

Still missing is completion over all labels defined for a given
       folder. That could be done by scanning all the X-RMAIL-KEYWORDS
       headers, but it might be slow.

   That's why I did not implement it.  In Babyl format, the list was
   stored in the beginning of the file, so this completion could be fast.
   I don't see any reliable way to do that with mbox files.

Why not adding a special "fake" message at the beginning of the
mbox file ? It could also be hidden by default so not to disturb
the user. Or we could maintain a special mbox file with a unique
message (still a fake) where we could store the labels. Reading
and storing labels would not be that slow for a unique and small
message, I guess.

WDYT ?

	Xavier
-- 
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org
http://www.lolica.org