Subject: bug#22217: closed (Re: bug#22217: WWW: per-package anchor links in the package list)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 18:03:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22217: WWW: per-package anchor links in the package list

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22217: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22217
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22217: WWW: per-package anchor links in the package list
From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
To: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 19:02:38 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Leo Famulari <[email-masked]> skribis:

> This is a "wishlist" bug.
>
> The website's package list should have per-package anchor links for
> "advertising" Guix packages.

Done in commit 497145e of guix-artwork.git.  I’ve regenerated
<https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/packages/> so you can see the result.

For a given package ‘foo’, there’s always an anchor ‘#foo’ pointing to
the latest version of ‘foo’.  When there are other versions available,
their anchor is the full-length thing, like ‘#guile-1.8.8’.

I think that should be good enough in practice.

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Subject: WWW: per-package anchor links in the package list
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 13:43:17 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This is a "wishlist" bug.

The website's package list should have per-package anchor links for
"advertising" Guix packages.

These are the ways I have found to link to Guix packages from around the
internet. None of them are really the "right" thing.

0) A link to the code
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/base.scm#n54

1) A link to the hydra page (you have to choose an architecture)
http://hydra.gnu.org/job/gnu/master/hello-2.10.x86_64-linux

2) Link to some description of the git commmit (savannah or
guix-commits):
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=e3ce5d709f

3) The guix-devel announcement...
I'm not going to dig this one up.