Subject: bug#22214: 25.0.50; lock up with gui dialogs and clipmon-mode

From: Brian Burns <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 01:56:04 -0600

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 6:45 PM, Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The results of the simple test were the same on 24.5.1.  I'm working
> on attaching the debugger, so hopefully more information will follow
> soon.
>

Thanks for all your help Joseph and Eli - I just tried it with Emacs 24.5.1
in Xubuntu 15.10 under VirtualBox emulation on Windows but it didn't have a
problem - x-selection-timeout was 5000 ms - I tried at 2000 and 0 but no
problem there either.

I'll see if I can get a dual boot setup tomorrow so I can help debug it, in
case the VM is interfering with the clipboard somehow.

The x-selection-timeout is something specific to Linux - I wasn't aware
that the selection could timeout like that - I'd tested it on a Linux VM
(with Ubuntu) when it was released back in March or April, and it seemed to
work alright, though I most likely didn't try the shift+click window.

I'll look into the X window selection routines in some more detail tomorrow
also.

Brian