Subject: bug#22214: 25.0.50; lock up with gui dialogs and clipmon-mode

From: Brian Burns <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 18:21:24 -0600

> I think there is indeed a problem in clipmon: it calls
x-get-selection-value
> from a timer that runs every 2 sec. But if the call times out, and the
value of
> x-selection-timeout is more than 2 sec (the default is 5, I think), then
this
> will indeed wedge Emacs cold, for obvious reasons. In addition, the
function
> that waits for the timeout to expire also runs timers, which probably
> exacerbates the problem.

Hi, clipmon author here - this seems to be a problem on Linux as the Windows
build (25.0.50.1) works okay on Windows 8.1, but I read that
`x-get-selection-value' is obsolete in Emacs 25, and was changed to
`gui-get-primary-selection' -
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28403647/emacs-25-yank-from-x-windows-primary-clipboard-buffer-with-keyboard
.

Does anyone know what might have changed in this function? If not I'll
check git
for any changes, and then I'll setup a Linux VM then I can test it out and
do
some debugging.

Also tracking the issue here - https://github.com/bburns/clipmon/issues/3

Regards,
Brian