Subject: bug#22208: 25.0.50; master branch make is broken? dired-loaddefs not found

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:18:37 -0500

I get the below error on doing

make bootstrap

It seems to be related to this:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=2f55a230d7ab3d2f34f82a5e4abe3b34d4f6bc94

make -C ../lisp compile-first EMACS="../src/bootstrap-emacs"
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/kmodi/downloads/git/emacs/lisp'
  ELC      emacs-lisp/macroexp.elc
  ELC      emacs-lisp/cconv.elc
  ELC      emacs-lisp/byte-opt.elc
  ELC      emacs-lisp/bytecomp.elc
  ELC      emacs-lisp/autoload.elc
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/kmodi/downloads/git/emacs/lisp'
make -C ../lisp autoloads EMACS="../src/bootstrap-emacs"
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/kmodi/downloads/git/emacs/lisp'
  GEN      calendar/cal-loaddefs.el
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory"
"dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Eager macro-expansion failure: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "No
such file or directory" "dired-loaddefs")
Loading macroexp.elc...
Cannot open load file: No such file or directory, dired-loaddefs
make[3]: *** [calendar/cal-loaddefs.el] Error 255
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/kmodi/downloads/git/emacs/lisp'
make[2]: *** [../lisp/loaddefs.el] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kmodi/downloads/git/emacs/src'
make[1]: *** [src] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kmodi/downloads/git/emacs'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

--
Kaushal Modi