Subject: bug#22207: closed (Re: emacs-25 mishandles info code text on Fedora 23)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 20:50:01 +0000

Your bug report

#22207: emacs-25 mishandles info code text on Fedora 23

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22207: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22207
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: emacs-25 mishandles info code text on Fedora 23
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 13:48:50 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I just now attempted to reproduce this bug on emacs-25, and could not 
reproduce it; the display looks OK (see attached). Although I am still 
running Fedora 23 x86-64, I have installed several packages since the 
original bug report in December so it's possible that the problem has 
gone away because some new fonts have been installed. Another 
possibility is that the bug has been fixed in draft Emacs 25 somehow. 
Either way, I will close this particular bug report now as I can't 
reproduce it.

Subject: emacs-25 mishandles info code text on Fedora 23
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Emacs bug reports <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 10:25:25 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I use emacs-25 to view the Elisp manual on Fedora 23 x86-64, Emacs 
mishandles the font for code: code is displayed in a considerably 
smaller font, making the manual harder to read and looking a bit like a 
ransom note. A sample is attached. I am using 'emacs -Q' to read the 
info file. If I view the same (i.e., the emacs-25) info file with Emacs 
24.5 as bundled with Fedora, the display looks fine, with the same 
fixed-width font used for all text.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.8 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.6)
  of 2015-12-17
Repository revision: 1b5630eb47d3f4bade09708c958ab006b83b3fc0
Windowing system distributor 'Fedora Project', version 11.0.11800000
Configured using:
  'configure --enable-gcc-warnings'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Info

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
Checking 24 files in /home/eggert/src/gnu/emacs/my/lisp/cedet...
Checking 57 files in /home/eggert/src/gnu/emacs/my/lisp/calendar...
Checking 87 files in /home/eggert/src/gnu/emacs/my/lisp/calc...
Checking 122 files in /home/eggert/src/gnu/emacs/my/lisp/obsolete...
Checking for load-path shadows...done
You can run the command ‘report-emacs-bug’ with M-x r-em RET
Checking for load-path shadows...done
Auto-saving...done
Quit [3 times]
C-M-g is undefined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(pp shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring info easymenu time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 123742 15169)
  (symbols 48 19951 3)
  (miscs 40 89 292)
  (strings 32 23330 7050)
  (string-bytes 1 657185)
  (vectors 16 12693)
  (vector-slots 8 432940 13272)
  (floats 8 150 162)
  (intervals 56 4895 83)
  (buffers 976 16)
  (heap 1024 38893 944))