Subject: bug#22207: emacs-25 mishandles info code text on Fedora 23

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 21:51:30 +0200

> From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 14:31:14 -0500
> 
> 
> (Typo, I meant "fixed-pitch".)

OK, in that case, this face is not like the default one on my system.
Its only attribute that is not "unspecified" is the "font family",
which is "Monospace".  I think this is what you wanted.

The Info-quoted face has its font family set to "courier", but at
least here it uses exactly the same font as fixed-pitch.

So I'm unsure how using fixed-pitch or inheriting from it would solve
the problem.  It is slightly cleaner, in that there's a single parent
face, but I guess Paul will still be unhappy with the results.

> Gives a face that looks different from the default in "the right way"
> for a "typewriter" face. The default face is "DejaVu Sans Mono",
> "Sans Mono" selects "Latin Modern Mono". This all sounds like a massive
> fluke now that I look at the details.

So on some systems the fixed-pitch face will be nicer than the current
Info-quoted, on others it will be the same, and perhaps on still
others it will be uglier.

> Inherit from string face?

You mean, font-lock-string-face?