Subject: bug#22196: closed (Re: bug#22196: Bug #22196 Hunting: Ansible: python executable on remote host)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2019 17:41:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22196: Ansible, python executable on remote host

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22196: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22196
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22196: Bug #22196 Hunting: Ansible: python executable on remote host
From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2019 18:40:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear,

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 at 19:39, zimoun <[email-masked]> wrote:

> What do you think is the best to close this long standing bug?

This wish has bee opened almost 4 years ago. The report proposes a tip
with Ansible on remote host. Because it is not Guix specific and the
current default value seems enough, we close this bug.

All the best,
simon

Subject: Ansible, python executable on remote host
From: Al McElrath <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 12:32:22 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I had some trouble with ansible that I'd like to share. I believe it
tries to use the same path to the python executable on the remote host
as exists locally, which is problematic for guix:

'/bin/sh: 1: /gnu/store/5isi4xqg1jr5rqbr6pfap28fw5116dnr-python-2.7.10/bin/python: not found'

I imagine this can be a problem for non-guix users too, and there's a
workaround in the form of a setting to specify the remote python path,
"ansible_python_interpreter":

http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/intro_inventory.html#list-of-behavioral-inventory-parameters

Not quite a bug, but maybe this will help someone else.