Subject: bug#22196: Bug #22196 Hunting: Ansible: python executable on remote host

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2019 19:38:36 +0100

Hi,

Ludo wrote [1]:

<<
I’m guessing we could at least change the default value.  Would it be
possible to set the default value of ‘ansible_python_interpreter’ to
just ‘python’, hoping that it will be searched for in $PATH on the
remote host?

[1] http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/22196

I do not see any relative thing in the definition of the package
ansible (admin.scm).

Is it useful for general practise of Ansible?
Or is it specific to one particular usage? In such case, the tip [2]
could be reported in the manual or cookbook.

[2] http://docs.ansible.com/ansible/intro_inventory.html#list-of-behavioral-inventory-parameters

What do you think is the best to close this long standing bug?

All the best,
simon