Subject: Re: bug#2219: 23.0.90; DingBats Font Making text unreadable

From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:00:15 +0800

Leo wrote:
>           display: by this font (glyph code)
>     uniscribe:-outline-DictBats-normal-normal-normal-*-15-*-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1
>     (#x4B)
>
> Character code properties: customize what to show
>   name: LATIN SMALL LETTER H
>   general-category: Ll (Letter, Lowercase)
>
> There are text properties here:
>   face                 (font-latex-verbatim-face font-latex-sedate-face)
>   

I don't know where these faces come from, but the TeX package defines a 
face tex-verbatim that explicitly sets the font-family to "courier". It 
turns out that code to filter out Windows' unwelcome font substitutions 
was incorrectly filtering real bitmap fonts like "courier". It should be 
fixed now.