Subject: bug#2218 closed by Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> (Closing, worked around)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:35:05 +0000

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs,ns package:

#2218: 23.0.90; current cvs fails with message "Invalid script or charset name: mathematical-bold"

It has been closed by Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact Adrian Robert <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
2218: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=2218
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Closing, worked around
From: Adrian Robert <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:33:08 +0200

I committed a work-around fix to nsfont.m for now.  The real solution  
probably involves modification to ..._list() and ..._match() methods  
of the NS font backend, but this work-around may be kept anyway  
unless the handling of sub-scripts by the font backend core is changed.

Subject: 23.0.90; current cvs fails with message "Invalid script or charset name: mathematical-bold"
From: Rudi Schlatte <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 12:51:00 +0800

Current CVS fails to start on OS X; no Emacs windows appears and the  
following message appears in the shell:

~/Source/gnu/emacs[master]$ nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -Q
Invalid script or charset name: mathematical-bold

Reverting to git version 99d9b340834cc7c5588e623aace85bf98feb27ad
gives me a working version, so I suspect this commit:

2009-02-05  Kenichi Handa  <[email-masked]>

     * international/fontset.el (script-representative-chars): Remove
     mathematical.
     (setup-default-fontset): Add entries for each subgroup of
     mathematical script.