Subject: Re: /etc/environment not honored by lshd

From: [email-masked] (Niels Möller)
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 10:22:47 +0100

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Somehow /etc/environment isn’t honored when logging in via SSH to an
> lshd server running on GuixSD, despite the fact that /etc/pam.d/lshd has
> this:

lshd does *not* do the PAM session things (it can use pam for checking
passwords, but only for that). And I'm afraid it's not reasonable to add
support for it in lsh-2.x. Sorry about that.

Old discussion here:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2000/10/msg01417.html

I have softened a bit since ;-). I think proper PAM support is feature
that fits well in the reorganized lsh-3 userauth, and that I guess lot
of users nned. But not yet implemented there either.

Regards,
/Niels

-- 
Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid C0B98E26.
Internet email is subject to wholesale government surveillance.