Subject: bug#22172: 25.1.50; Wishlist: There should be a way to say to Emacs that is should rescale all images with a certain factor

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 17:40:17 +1100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> There's a collision between shr-map and image-map, of course.  *sigh*
>> Both the `i' and `o' commands are taken in both of them.  Hm...  move
>> the shr keystrokes?  Use `M-i', `M-o', `M--' and `M-+' for the image
>> commands?
>
> Let's assume the s command is not yet the most popular feature in
> `image-mode' so far, and we can reuse it.
>
> Then, s (decrease scale) and S (increase scale) come to mind; s with
> prefix arg sets the scale directly.

Sorry, I was confused.  image-map defines +/-/r/o.  Of those, the only
collision with shr-map is o.  I think we can move o out of the way in
shr-map and leave it there in image-map.

So I think we could just keep all those key bindings...  +/- feels
really intuitive to me.

> z and Z would also make sense and would even be free everywhere (z from
> "zoom").
>
> We could also use s [+ | -] ...  similar to `text-scale-mode', and s s to
> set scale factor directly.

I'm not sure users would really want to set the scale like that...
Increase/decrease is natural, but "set the scale to 50%" would be a very
unusual user interaction, I think.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no