Subject: bug#22172: 25.1.50; Wishlist: There should be a way to say to Emacs that is should rescale all images with a certain factor

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 00:41:04 +1100

Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> writes:

> But be careful with the keymap text prop.  E.g. when you would bind
> mouse-5 and mouse-6 to zoom in/out images in this map, point may land
> accidentally on an image when scrolling with the mouse wheel, and you
> would continue with zooming this image...

I don't think I'd want to bind any mouse actions in the text prop
keymap, because that's too error prone (as you say).

> You could also get collisions with important view-mode or org-mode or
> whatever bindings...

Yes.  But if the mode doesn't have any image related commands, I'm not
sure how major the interaction problems would be...  I mean, if you put
point on an image in a buffer and hit `-', do you expect a minus to be
inserted?  Hm...  perhaps you do.  Do we generally have images in
"editing" modes much?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no