Subject: Re: bug#22172: 25.1.50; Wishlist: There should be a way to say to Emacs that is should rescale all images with a certain factor

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 14:35:41 +0100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Drag an image into a Message buffer, scale it, rotate it, and send the
> message.  I think that sounds rather attractive...
> [...]
> We can give it a try and see whether it's annoying or not in practice.
> These UI things usually require a bit of usage to see whether they "feel
> nice" or not.

Yeah, it's indeed interesting, image handling is currently much too
basic in Emacs, so I appreciate any attempt to improve that.

But be careful with the keymap text prop.  E.g. when you would bind
mouse-5 and mouse-6 to zoom in/out images in this map, point may land
accidentally on an image when scrolling with the mouse wheel, and you
would continue with zooming this image...

You could also get collisions with important view-mode or org-mode or
whatever bindings...

Regards,

Michael.