Subject: Re: bug#22172: 25.1.50; Wishlist: There should be a way to say to Emacs that is should rescale all images with a certain factor

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 09:03:44 +0100

Hello,

first, thanks to Lars for implementing this!

Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:

> Here's an opinion: Do not bind the commands to any keys.
>
> 10 minutes after defining the commands you want Emacs to
> dedicate keys to them?  And global keys, at that?

I agree we should be careful.  Even using the keymap text property might
be surprising.  E.g. when we chose + and -, these might already be bound
(e.g. to `negative-argument' in image-mode itself!).

Let's start to find some suitable bindings for `image-mode'.  How about
i and d ("increase", "decrease")?

In the general case, we could attach a keymap text property to any image
we insert into a buffer.  The keymap should be a user option.  It could
even be empty by default, at least for now.  That would already be a big
win.

Regards,

Michael.