Subject: Re: bug#22172: 25.1.50; Wishlist: There should be a way to say to Emacs that is should rescale all images with a certain factor

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 12:47:54 +1100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yeah, that sounds like a good idea...  C-x - and + are already taken by
> global commands, though.  C-c - and + are free, but are they reserved
> for users?  C-c <letter> is....

I've now added the commands, but not documented this yet, because we
haven't decided on keystrokes.  These should be global bindings, I
guess?  We could also have local keymaps for the image objects
themselves...  That would mean that insert-image would also put a keymap
on each image it inserts.

And in that case we could "steal" very basic keystrokes, like "-" and
"+".  But that may be kinda yucky.  And surprising.

But I kinda like the local keymap idea.  These commands would only be
valid pretty seldom (i.e., when you're on an image), so it feels strange
to occupy a global key binding.

So...  opinions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no