Subject: bug#22172: 25.1.50; Wishlist: There should be a way to say to Emacs that is should rescale all images with a certain factor

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 12:17:37 +1100

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

>       ;; If we assume that a typical character is 10 pixels in width,
>       ;; then we should scale all images according to how wide they
>       ;; are.  But don't scale images down.

There's also

(/ (float (display-pixel-width))
   (display-mm-width))

=> 3.78

which might not be available...  Er...  that number surely can't be
right.

(display-mm-width) => 677

This laptop is not almost 70cm wide!  It's a 13" screen, I think, so the
width is like...  30cm?  Something like that.  So perhaps relying on
typical characters is a better idea, anyway.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no