Subject: Re: bug#22172: 25.1.50; Wishlist: There should be a way to say to Emacs that is should rescale all images with a certain factor

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2016 17:42:19 +1100

John Wiegley <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> There should be a way to say to Emacs, like there is in Firefox, that every
>> pixel in images should be rendered at, say, 2x. (If possible.)
>
> +1, except that I'd also like it to be buffer local. For Gnus, where it show
> graphical logos for individual with pixmaps, I'd like to use 0.5x.

Sure, it would also work buffer-locally...

I've now started implementing this.  I guess if an image is 500 pixels
wide, and you've specified a scaling factor of 2, and :max-width is 800
pixels, then you should end up with an image that's 800 pixels wide?

I think that makes most sense.  So the computation of this goes into the
compute_image_size function, and there's a new parameter :scale to
`create-image' that takes a number.

And the new variable is called image-scaling-factor.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no