Subject: Re: bug#22169: 25.0.50; File name compiletion doesn't work with non-ASCII characters on OS X

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 05:39:02 +0200

> Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 23:00:40 +0100
> From: Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> I managed to get the attached patch to work (when used in conjunction with my
> previous patch).
> 
> I've tested:
> 
> * C-x C-f a TAB
> * (find-file-all-competions "a" ".")

OK, thanks.

The next step is arrange for this to happen only with those values of
file-name-coding-system that require it.  My idea is to put a special
property on the coding-system's symbol, and check that inside
file_name_completion (outside of the loop).  Can you add this, or do
you want me to suggest a patch along these lines for you to test?
Note that the property check will have to be done on
file-name-coding-system if it is non-nil, otherwise on
default-file-name-coding-system (if that is non-nil).

Thanks.