Subject: bug#22158: closed (chicken tests do not complete gcc compilation)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 16:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22158: chicken tests do not complete gcc compilation

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22158: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22158
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: chicken tests do not complete gcc compilation
From: Royce Strange <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:26:29 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

For chicken 4.9.0.1, it looks like this may have been an upstream bug.
Looking at some of Recardo Wurmus's notes
for some tweaks to chicken back then:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/chicken-hackers/2015-04/msg00063.html
Seems to line up with a some chicken bugs reported back then:
https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1120
https://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1098
(and have been addressed upstream) 

It has been a while and chicken scheme is now at 5.2.0
It is currently building on cuirass:
https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/2339572/details

I am also able to build it locally:
-----
$ guix --version
guix (GNU Guix) 2971ed57345ee4e00058efeaf27c6a0790fdc9dd

$ guix build chicken --no-substitute
-----

Going to go ahead and close.

Subject: chicken tests do not complete gcc compilation
From: Jeff Mickey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 16:14:09 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Chicken scheme on master currently does not complete it's tests run
locally for me, as GCC cannot finish compiling chicken's output for one
of it's test files.

Attached is the .c file that get's generated, and here is a link to the
chicken scheme code that generates this c code:

http://code.call-cc.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=chicken-core.git;a=blob;f=tests/apply-test.scm;h=4996dd0d1ec717be39fe4829b47468b14b9cf75a;hb=HEAD

Trying to figure out best ways to avoid this or run the test correctly
(limiting stack size before execution). Sending about this bug to track
anyone's progress on fixing it. It may just be an upstream bug.

  //  codemac