Subject: bug#22157: closed (Re: bug#22157: html renderer shr - Links open twice in external browser)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:42:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22157: left-clicking on a link: 2 browsers or a warning

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22157: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22157
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22157: html renderer shr - Links open twice in external browser
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 19:41:41 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:22:20 +0900, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> Left-click causes invoking `widget-button-click' by the mouse-1
> event, and `shr-browse-url' by the mouse-2 event 0.6 sec after
> (I tested it by adding a logger code to each function).  But
> middle-click invokes only `widget-button-click' by down-mouse-2.
> At the link position, there are two keymaps[1]:
[...]
> [1] I wrote "there are three keymaps" last month but it's wrong,
> probably.

No, that's right.  I'm sorry for flip-flopping; the third one is
`gnus-article-mode-map', of which the parent is `widget-keymap'.
Anyway I found the solution for this bug at last.  I verified
the problem happens with emacs-25, not only master, so I've
committed the fix to emacs-25:

git diff 8297331..ea512a7

Regards,

Subject: left-clicking on a link: 2 browsers or a warning
From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 21:33:13 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
(commit 251fac2)

I can reliable reproduce the following issues with "emacs -Q".  (I'm
mentioning them in the same bug report because I suspect they're
related.)

When viewing an HTML email using shr, when I left-click on a link, Gnus
starts 2 browsers and directs each to the URL for the link.

When viewing a plaintext email that contains a URL, when I left-click
on the URL, Gnus starts a browser for that URL okay, but I also get a
message like

  Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Article gnu.emacs.gnus*>

In both cases (HTML, plaintext) middle-clicking on the link/URL works
okay.

With Emacs 24.5, I only get 1 browser (HTML email) and no error message
(plaintext email).