Subject: bug#22157: closed (Re: bug#22157: html renderer shr - Links open twice in external browser)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 08:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22157: left-clicking on a link: 2 browsers or a warning

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22157: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22157
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22157: html renderer shr - Links open twice in external browser
From: Nicolas Petton <[email-masked]>
To: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 May 2016 10:43:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:

> The change 72166f2f3dba18f1217c666574032f5a0351ed65 seems to have
> fixed this bug.

I'm closing it then.

Subject: left-clicking on a link: 2 browsers or a warning
From: Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] (The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 21:33:13 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Gnus v5.13
GNU Emacs 25.0.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
(commit 251fac2)

I can reliable reproduce the following issues with "emacs -Q".  (I'm
mentioning them in the same bug report because I suspect they're
related.)

When viewing an HTML email using shr, when I left-click on a link, Gnus
starts 2 browsers and directs each to the URL for the link.

When viewing a plaintext email that contains a URL, when I left-click
on the URL, Gnus starts a browser for that URL okay, but I also get a
message like

  Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Article gnu.emacs.gnus*>

In both cases (HTML, plaintext) middle-clicking on the link/URL works
okay.

With Emacs 24.5, I only get 1 browser (HTML email) and no error message
(plaintext email).