Subject: 25.1.50; (bury-buffer (current-buffer)) does NOT bury buffer

From: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 11:52:54 +0100

Evaluate (bury-buffer (current-buffer)) in a buffer, e.g. *scratch*.

Expectation: The buffer has been buried.
Reality: The buffer has NOT been buried.

Note:
Evaluation of (bury-buffer) alone does the bury.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.6)
 of 2015-12-11
Repository revision: 6148555ee5a3d0139ae517803718b3e0357933c7
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11800000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  beacon-mode: t
  checkdoc-minor-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  zen-reward-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-lentic-mode: t
  lentic-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  nyan-mode: t
  on-screen-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  timeclock-mode-line-display: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
gnus-registry-handle-action ("<[email-masked]>" nil "nntp+news.aioe.org:gnu.emacs.bug" "bug#22105: 25.1.50; REGRESSION - `modify-frame-parameters'" nil nil)
Gnus registry: new entry for <[email-masked]> is ((subject "bug#22105: 25.1.50; REGRESSION - `modify-frame-parameters'") (group "nntp+news.aioe.org:gnu.emacs.bug") (creation-time (22123 64365 974821 795000)) (sender))
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created Cheng-An Yang’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
nil [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
Error during checking
Features:
(shadow emacsbug flow-fill character-fold misearch multi-isearch quail
ispell bbdb-message mailalias gnus-fun gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml mm-archive url-cache nnrss nndoc nndraft nnmh
utf-7 epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm starttls nnfolder bbdb-gnus
nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp smtpmail sendmail beacon checkdoc page-ext
ffap erc-dcc battery view cal-china lunar cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs bbdb-anniv appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs warnings
bbdb-csv-import pcsv emacsshot rope-read-mode org-timer org-clock epa
epg vc vc-dispatcher org-indent disp-table org-velocity dabbrev org-eww
org-elisp-symbol org-drill savehist org-learn hi-lock org-bullets
org-w3m org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-inlinetask org-info org-habit
org-agenda org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-ctags
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb region-linum auxies-eww hacks auxies-rest
rect little-helpers ace-jump-mode bbdb-mua bbdb-com gnorb-bbdb bbdb
bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-setup emms emms-compat gnus-load
org-screenshot org-attach org-id org-protocol git-timemachine vc-git
git-auto-commit-mode elisp-slime-nav elmacro sotlisp hydra lv gnuplot
info-look helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib zeitgeist dbus xml
slime compile arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec aurel url-http url-auth
url-gw json map rase solar cal-dst gnorb gnorb-org gnorb-registry
gnus-registry registry eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnorb-gnus gnorb-utils nngnorb nnir gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo
smartparens key-chord company-files company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml
company-bbdb company magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core magit-process magit-popup
magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit
message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async tramp-sh
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver server lentic-mode lentic-doc
lentic-org lentic-chunk rx ox-texinfo ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-md ox-icalendar ox-html ox-beamer ox-latex
ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree the-org-mode-expansions org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-plantuml ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-screen ob-J
ob-io ob-shell shell ob-clojure ob-scheme ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa
ob-lisp ob-css ob-js ob-org ob-ledger ob-latex ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-C cc-mode-expansions
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs ob-python ob-awk ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs eww mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap shr dom subr-x browse-url lentic
eieio-compat f s ucs-normalize m-buffer-at m-buffer m-buffer-macro
ido-hacks ido seq expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom advice browse-kill-ring derived
nyan-mode form-feed page-break-lines on-screen wrap-region dash
use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf tex-site edmacro
kmacro cl screenshot-autoloads slime-autoloads info package epg-config
url-handlers url-parse url-vars timeclock paren avoid erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp
erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv
eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util time-date mm-util help-fns help-mode
easymenu mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt pp time desktop frameset
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib cus-start cus-load mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 948118 86956)
 (symbols 48 87930 0)
 (miscs 40 5809 1108)
 (strings 32 288202 42072)
 (string-bytes 1 8304681)
 (vectors 16 111803)
 (vector-slots 8 2357963 233953)
 (floats 8 2886 1203)
 (intervals 56 2320 1097)
 (buffers 976 53)
 (heap 1024 113211 6370))

-- 
Marco Wahl
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2