Subject: bug#22150: closed (Re: bug#22150: 25.1.50; (bury-buffer (current-buffer)) does NOT bury buffer)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 11:15:02 +0000

Your bug report

#22150: 25.1.50; (bury-buffer (current-buffer)) does NOT bury buffer

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
22150: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=22150
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#22150: 25.1.50; (bury-buffer (current-buffer)) does NOT bury buffer
From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
To: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 12:14:05 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Marco Wahl <[email-masked]> writes:

> Evaluate (bury-buffer (current-buffer)) in a buffer, e.g. *scratch*.
>
> Expectation: The buffer has been buried.
> Reality: The buffer has NOT been buried.

The buffer is buried, but not removed from the selected window, as
documented:

"Also, if BUFFER-OR-NAME is nil or omitted, remove the current buffer
from the selected window if it is displayed there."

Andreas.

-- 
Andreas Schwab, [email-masked]
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756  01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."

Subject: 25.1.50; (bury-buffer (current-buffer)) does NOT bury buffer
From: Marco Wahl <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 11:52:54 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Evaluate (bury-buffer (current-buffer)) in a buffer, e.g. *scratch*.

Expectation: The buffer has been buried.
Reality: The buffer has NOT been buried.

Note:
Evaluation of (bury-buffer) alone does the bury.

In GNU Emacs 25.1.50.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.6)
 of 2015-12-11
Repository revision: 6148555ee5a3d0139ae517803718b3e0357933c7
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11800000
System Description:	Arch Linux

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  beacon-mode: t
  checkdoc-minor-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  zen-reward-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  global-lentic-mode: t
  lentic-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  ido-hacks-mode: t
  nyan-mode: t
  on-screen-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-global-mode: t
  wrap-region-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  timeclock-mode-line-display: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Recent messages:
gnus-registry-handle-action ("<[email-masked]>" nil "nntp+news.aioe.org:gnu.emacs.bug" "bug#22105: 25.1.50; REGRESSION - `modify-frame-parameters'" nil nil)
Gnus registry: new entry for <[email-masked]> is ((subject "bug#22105: 25.1.50; REGRESSION - `modify-frame-parameters'") (group "nntp+news.aioe.org:gnu.emacs.bug") (creation-time (22123 64365 974821 795000)) (sender))
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created Cheng-An Yang’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
created debbugs gnu org’s record with address "[email-masked]"
nil [2 times]
Mark set [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
Error during checking
Features:
(shadow emacsbug flow-fill character-fold misearch multi-isearch quail
ispell bbdb-message mailalias gnus-fun gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async
gnus-bcklg qp gnus-ml mm-archive url-cache nnrss nndoc nndraft nnmh
utf-7 epa-file gnutls network-stream nsm starttls nnfolder bbdb-gnus
nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-cache gnus-demon nntp smtpmail sendmail beacon checkdoc page-ext
ffap erc-dcc battery view cal-china lunar cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs bbdb-anniv appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs warnings
bbdb-csv-import pcsv emacsshot rope-read-mode org-timer org-clock epa
epg vc vc-dispatcher org-indent disp-table org-velocity dabbrev org-eww
org-elisp-symbol org-drill savehist org-learn hi-lock org-bullets
org-w3m org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-inlinetask org-info org-habit
org-agenda org-gnus org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-ctags
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb region-linum auxies-eww hacks auxies-rest
rect little-helpers ace-jump-mode bbdb-mua bbdb-com gnorb-bbdb bbdb
bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs emms-librefm-stream
emms-librefm-scrobbler emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon
emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine
emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url emms-streams
emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo
emms-info-mp3info emms-info later-do emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc
emms-player-mplayer emms-player-simple emms-source-playlist
emms-source-file locate emms-setup emms emms-compat gnus-load
org-screenshot org-attach org-id org-protocol git-timemachine vc-git
git-auto-commit-mode elisp-slime-nav elmacro sotlisp hydra lv gnuplot
info-look helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib zeitgeist dbus xml
slime compile arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec aurel url-http url-auth
url-gw json map rase solar cal-dst gnorb gnorb-org gnorb-registry
gnus-registry registry eieio-base gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime dig gnorb-gnus gnorb-utils nngnorb nnir gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
utf7 netrc parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win nnoo
smartparens key-chord company-files company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-etags etags xref project company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-css company-nxml
company-bbdb company magit-blame magit-stash magit-bisect magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff smerge-mode diff-mode magit-core magit-process magit-popup
magit-mode magit-git crm magit-section magit-utils git-commit log-edit
message dired rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader pcvs-util add-log with-editor async-bytecomp async tramp-sh
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver server lentic-mode lentic-doc
lentic-org lentic-chunk rx ox-texinfo ox-org ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri
rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns
nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-md ox-icalendar ox-html ox-beamer ox-latex
ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree the-org-mode-expansions org
org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities
noutline outline org-version ob-plantuml ob-sqlite ob-sql ob-screen ob-J
ob-io ob-shell shell ob-clojure ob-scheme ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa
ob-lisp ob-css ob-js ob-org ob-ledger ob-latex ob-calc calc-store
calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-C cc-mode-expansions
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs ob-python ob-awk ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-src ob-keys ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs eww mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils url-queue url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util mailcap shr dom subr-x browse-url lentic
eieio-compat f s ucs-normalize m-buffer-at m-buffer m-buffer-macro
ido-hacks ido seq expand-region text-mode-expansions er-basic-expansions
expand-region-core expand-region-custom advice browse-kill-ring derived
nyan-mode form-feed page-break-lines on-screen wrap-region dash
use-package diminish bind-key easy-mmode finder-inf tex-site edmacro
kmacro cl screenshot-autoloads slime-autoloads info package epg-config
url-handlers url-parse url-vars timeclock paren avoid erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-color
ring erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp
erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
auth-source cl-seq eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra cconv
eieio-core cl-macs gv gnus-util time-date mm-util help-fns help-mode
easymenu mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt pp time desktop frameset
cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib cus-start cus-load mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 948118 86956)
 (symbols 48 87930 0)
 (miscs 40 5809 1108)
 (strings 32 288202 42072)
 (string-bytes 1 8304681)
 (vectors 16 111803)
 (vector-slots 8 2357963 233953)
 (floats 8 2886 1203)
 (intervals 56 2320 1097)
 (buffers 976 53)
 (heap 1024 113211 6370))

-- 
Marco Wahl
GPG: 0x49010A040A3AE6F2