Subject: bug#22145: 25.0.50; tramp and auto-revert tests hang on OS X

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 12:03:47 +0100

Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi!

Hi Anders,

> It no longer hangs -- thanks for excluding the problematic cases.
> Hopefully you will be able to find a solution for them in the future.

Likely not me. I have no access to OSX machines, no chance to test.

> Unfortunately, there are a number of normal errors reported in the
> tramp test, I've attached the log.
>
> 4 unexpected results:
>    FAILED  tramp-test29-vc-registered

Here it seems to be a problem with the temporary bzr repository I have
created. Usually, the test case shall check whether it works
proper. I've instrumented the test case in order to see what's up.

>    FAILED  tramp-test32-utf8
>    FAILED  tramp-test32-utf8-with-ls
>    FAILED  tramp-test32-utf8-with-perl

That means there are problems with other strings but the arabic one,
which I have suppressed. Tests are also instrumented.

Pls let the test run again in batch mode, and send me the resulting
tramp-tests.log.

> -- Anders

Best regards, Michael.