Subject: bug#22145: 25.0.50; tramp and auto-revert tests hang on OS X

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 13:30:08 +0100

Anders Lindgren <[email-masked]> writes:

> I get:
>
> -bash: test: too many arguments
> -bash: test: too many arguments

Hmm. This is unexpected. And Tramp would see such errors; it is trained
to detect failed commands. Maybe a cut'n'paste error?

> I didn't see any beeps in the output (I even checked with "od -a").
>
> OS X Yosemite comes with bash 3.2.57 (from 2007) -- so it might not be
> up to speed when it comes to parsing the command line with odd
> characters. (Just a theory, but I thought it would be worth pointing
> it out.)

So maybe another ls is used than the one I check? Since I have no OS X
machine, I read the man page at
<https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man1/ls.1.html>.

Does your ls behaves like this? The "-w" option is important.

> -- Anders

Best regards, Michael.