Subject: Re: bug#22145: 25.0.50; tramp and auto-revert tests hang on OS X

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 01:03:08 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > Wouldn't it be possible for FSF, or the Emacs project itself, to provide an
  > OS X machine that could be used by developers in similar situations.

Our goal is to our goal is to eliminate MacOS, not to enhance it.

A nonfree program tramples the freedom of those who use it.
If we were running MacOS on a computer, it would take away
our freedom.  Of course, we don't do that.

If we suggested that others run MacOS, we would be inviting them to
surrender their freedom.  We would be doing wrong to them, and
legitimizing that nonfree software as a byproduct.  Of course, we
don't do that.

See http://gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-even-more-important.html
for why nonfree software is an injustice.

See http://gnu.org/philosophy/is-ever-good-use-nonfree-program.html
for the very narrow circumstances in which it is good to use a nonfree
program: for putting an end to its use.  We don't need to develop
a free replacement for MacOS because we already have one:
the GNU/Linux system.

See https://trisquel.info/en/wiki/macbook for how to install one
of the free GNU/Linux distros on a Mac.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.