Subject: bug#22145: 25.0.50; tramp and auto-revert tests hang on OS X

From: John Wiegley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2016 10:39:35 -0800

>>>>> Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> What happens, if you call
> # make -C test/automated tramp-tests

Pretty much identical behavior, except that it didn't even attempt to write a
zero byte log file:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
[nix-shell:~/.emacs.d/devel]$ make -C test/automated tramp-tests
make: Entering directory '/Users/johnw/Projects/dot-emacs/devel/test/automated'
make[1]: Entering directory '/Users/johnw/Projects/dot-emacs/devel/test/automated'
make[2]: Entering directory '/Users/johnw/Projects/dot-emacs/devel/test/automated'
make[2]: 'tramp-tests.elc' is up to date.
make[2]: Leaving directory '/Users/johnw/Projects/dot-emacs/devel/test/automated'
Testing tramp-tests.elc
^CMakefile:94: recipe for target 'tramp-tests.log' failed
make[1]: *** [tramp-tests.log] Error 2
Makefile:122: recipe for target 'tramp-tests' failed
make: *** [tramp-tests] Interrupt: 2
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

There is no tramp-tests.log after waiting a while and pressing C-c.

-- 
John Wiegley                  GPG fingerprint = 4710 CF98 AF9B 327B B80F
http://newartisans.com                          60E1 46C4 BD1A 7AC1 4BA2