Subject: A bug with define-syntax

From: Tommi Höynälänmaa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 15:26:14 +0200

I get the following error message:

--- cut here ---
../../translator/theme-d-compile.scm -m ..  -o hello-world.tcp
hello-world.thp
;;; note: source file /etc/theme-d-config.scm
;;;       newer than compiled
/home/tohoyn/.cache/guile/ccache/2.0-LE-8-2.0/etc/theme-d-config.scm.go
;;; note: auto-compilation is enabled, set GUILE_AUTO_COMPILE=0
;;;       or pass the --no-auto-compile argument to disable.
;;; compiling /etc/theme-d-config.scm
;;; compiled
/home/tohoyn/.cache/guile/ccache/2.0-LE-8-2.0/etc/theme-d-config.scm.go
Unit compiled successfully.
../../translator/theme-d-link.scm -m ..  -o hello-world.scm hello-world.tcp
Backtrace:
In /usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-parametrized-definitions.scm:
 693: 19 [do-bind-type-vars1 #(# # #<procedure alloc-loc (s-name)> ...) ()
...]
 654: 18 [do-bind-type-vars0 #(# # #<procedure alloc-loc (s-name)> ...) ()
...]
 378: 17 [do-bind-type-vars00 #(# # #<procedure alloc-loc (s-name)> ...) ()
...]
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
 576: 16 [map #<procedure 29bef00 at
/usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-parametrized-definitions.scm:381:42
(subexpr)> ...]
In /usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-parametrized-definitions.scm:
 383: 15 [#<procedure 29bef00 at
/usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-parametrized-definitions.scm:381:42
(subexpr)> #]
 654: 14 [do-bind-type-vars0 #(# # #<procedure alloc-loc (s-name)> ...) ()
...]
 267: 13 [do-bind-type-vars00 #(# # #<procedure alloc-loc (s-name)> ...) ()
...]
3107: 12 [inst-bind-procedure #(# # #<procedure alloc-loc (s-name)> ...) ()
...]
In /usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-expression-cloning.scm:
 459: 11 [rebind-local-variables1 # # #]
 417: 10 [rebind-local-variables0 # # # ...]
 319: 9 [rebind-local-variables00 # # # ...]
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
 576: 8 [map #<procedure 29c5c90 at
/usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-expression-cloning.scm:321:36
(subexpr)> ...]
In /usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-expression-cloning.scm:
 417: 7 [rebind-local-variables0 # # # ...]
 319: 6 [rebind-local-variables00 # # # ...]
In srfi/srfi-1.scm:
 578: 5 [map #<procedure 29c5900 at
/usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-expression-cloning.scm:321:36
(subexpr)> ...]
In /usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-expression-cloning.scm:
 417: 4 [rebind-local-variables0 # # # ...]
 330: 3 [rebind-local-variables00 # # # ...]
3401: 2 [clone-with-branches # # # ...]
In /usr/local/share/theme-d/translator/theme-d-expression-rebinding.scm:
  10: 1 [rebind-cond-expression # # # ...]
In unknown file:
   ?: 0 [#<syntax-transformer assert> #t]

ERROR: In procedure #<syntax-transformer assert>:
ERROR: Wrong type to apply: #<syntax-transformer assert>
make: *** [hello-world.scm] Virhe 1
--- cut here ---

The code should compile.

Steps to reproduce the bug:
1. Download
http://www.iki.fi/tohoyn/theme/th-scheme-utilities-1.1.tar.bz2
and
http://www.iki.fi/tohoyn/theme/theme-d-0.9.1.tar.bz2
2. Unpack and install the packages according to the instructions in the
packages.
3. Go to the subdirectory theme-d/theme-d-code/examples and give command
make hello-world.scm

NOTE: Use TH Scheme utilities 1.1 instead of TH Scheme Utilities 1.1x.
Version 1.1x compiles OK.

I have used guile version 2.0.9 in Ubuntu 14.04.

Yours sincerely,

     Tommi Höynälänmaa