Subject: Re: bug#22141: guile-2.1.1 fails with error 134 in ice-9/psyntax-pp.go on cygwin x86_64

From: "Arnaud Gardelein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 17:01:54 +0200

> This sounds like either a limitation in BDW-GC or a misconfiguration of
BDW-GC, or some strange interaction with the pthreads library on cygwin.
 Have you been able to build 2.0.11?  (I ask about 2.0.11 because it has
seen wider and deeper testing.)
> Andy

I tried with a fresh cygwin-x64 install, with gc-7.6.0 and
libatomics_ops-7.4.4, both compiled manually. I made a link from
For 2.0.11 I get the output in the attached log. It seems pthread_attr_t
type is unknown, any hints ?

For the sake of completeness, I tried with 2.1.3.104-8f2f8, here is the
last message, full path stripped:
<snip>
  CC       libguile_2.2_la-weak-set.lo
weak-set.c:165:1: error: conflicting types for 'GC_move_disappearing_link'
 GC_move_disappearing_link (void **from, void **to)
 ^
In file included from ../libguile/bdw-gc.h:47:0,
                 from ../libguile/gc.h:186,
                 from ../libguile/pairs.h:28,
                 from ../libguile/_scm.h:74,
                 from weak-set.c:27:
../gc/gc.h:1147:20: note: previous declaration of
'GC_move_disappearing_link' was here
 GC_API int GC_CALL GC_move_disappearing_link(void ** /* link */,
                    ^
make[3]: *** [Makefile:3314: libguile_2.2_la-weak-set.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/.../guile-2.1.3.104-8f2f8/libguile'
make[2]: *** [Makefile:2259: all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory '/.../guile-2.1.3.104-8f2f8/libguile'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:1824: all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/.../guile-2.1.3.104-8f2f8'
make: *** [Makefile:1709: all] Error 2
</snip>

Could this be related to a misconfiguration if libgc on my setup ? For
both releases, here is the configure command used:
./configure BDW_GC_CFLAGS=-I../libgc-7.6.0/include
BDW_GC_LIBS=-l:../libgc-7.6.0/libgc.la

Arnaud.