Subject: bug#22120: Another backtrace

From: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 19:15:52 +0000

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 11:02 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > From: Eric Hanchrow <[email-masked]>
> > Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:42:19 +0000
> >
> > What little I could get of the variables' values is at the bottom.
>
> It doesn't tell much.
>
> Can you try reproducing this in an unoptimized build?

I was under the impression that this build _was_ unoptimized (so I was
surprised to see those variables "optimized out").  I configured with

  $ ./configure --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type
--config-cache CFLAGS=-Og -g3

Maybe I should add -O0 to CFLAGS.  (I got those options from a recent
thread on emacs-devel about a proposed new file etc/DEBUG).

> Also, it looks like you configured with --enable-check-lisp-object-type,
> is that right?

Yes.

> If so, please configure without it, that would allow
> to see many values directly in the backtrace, instead of asking you to
> print them in GDB.
>

Oho!  OK.

> Thanks.