Subject: 23.2; Hitting ^W in a search selects the wrong word.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2015 18:54:47 +0100

To reproduce this bug create a file that ends in the last 7 lines in
this message (it will work if you open this message in emacs).

Put the cursor at the first ''aap'' (line 2) hit ^S^W^W (''aap_noot'' at
line 2, now is highlighted). Hit ^S^S^S (Failing the I-search since the last
''aap_noot'' (at line 6) has been reached, call this 'last-occurrence' state).

Now hit ^W^W^W^W . Somewhere the state of 'last-occurrence' and add more
to the search string conflict, because it adds ''_aap'' for every ^W and
the edit window is not being updated.

Note that if you are not in 'last-occurrence' state, there is no
problem, even at the last line. This bug only manifests itself if ^S has
been hit until it shows "Failing the I-search" in the minibuffer.

Regards,

Jan-Mark

1 miesmiesmies
2 aap_noot_mies
3 miesmiesmies
4 aap_noot_does
5 miesmiesmies
6 aap_noot_aap
7 miesmiesmies