Subject: bug#22107: 25.1; Wrong docstring for this-single-command-keys

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 23:24:48 -0500

>> > So how about saying a few words about the meaning of the return value
>> > of internal-echo-keystrokes-prefix?  I think it's important enough to
>> > have that at least documented in comments.
>> It's used as a proxy for "we're in the middle of a command-with-prefix,
> When it returns non-nil, I presume?

Right.

>> which may be using the `prefix-arg' variable or any other variable".
> But this means we can never be sure a non-nil value actually mean the
> user typed a prefix-arg command, is that true?

Yes and no.  It depends on how you define "prefix arg command".

> Do we want to treat the "other" prefixes as prefix-arg in this case?

I think so, yes.  Or rather I think I know that we want to get rid of
the special casing of prefix commands.

> (which ones, btw?)

There's C-x 4 and C-x 5 (or is C-x 8 and C-x 9) in GNU ELPA's
other-frame-window.

PCL-CVS had some other prefix commands, tho they weren't recognizable by
Emacs as such.  I think Gnus's M-& is another example.

        Stefan