Subject: bug#22107: 25.1; Wrong docstring for this-single-command-keys

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2020 17:26:46 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This said, the distinction between "this-single-command-keys" and
>> "this-command-keys" is something which should disappear, IMNSHO.
>
> Are we sure no one out there depends on that?  This is a very old
> feature.

This was four years ago, and it still hasn't been fixed.  `C-u C-x C-e'
is still:

(this-command-keys)
=> "^X^E"

There was disagreement between Stefan (who thinks that the current
behaviour is correct, and the doc should be fixed), and Eli (who was
concerned that this would be a breaking change).

Since it doesn't seem like there's been any big uproar over this change
over the years, I think that perhaps updating the documentation to
reflect the current behaviour is the way to go now.

Any further opinions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no