Subject: Re: this-command-keys no longer returns prefix argument

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 11:52:41 +0000

On Wed, May 11, 2016, 10:22 AM Stefan [email-masked]>
wrote:

> You mean, are this-command-keys-vector and this-single-command-keys
> 100% equivalent all the time?  I wish I was able to give you an answer.
> They appear to be
>

At this point it is a documentation bug. this-command-keys and
this-single-command-keys are equivalent. But the documentaion still says
that this-single-command-keys does not return prefix argument unlike
this-command-keys. In fact, none of them return the prefix arg.

So

(1) The docstring of this-single-command-keys needs to be fixed.
(2) NEWS also needs to mention that this-command-keys no longer returns
prefix arg.

Going forward (not for this bug or emacs-25): If someone can review
that this-command-keys-vector and this-single-command-keys are ACTUALLY the
same, can then this-single-command-keys be marked obsolete and an alias to
the other for the next release? If that seems like the next action, I can
file a separate bug report for that.

> --

-- 
Kaushal Modi