Subject: bug#22097: Ispell: lazy highlighting doesn't work properly.

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 16:08:08 +0000

Hello, Juri.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 02:04:50AM +0200, Juri Linkov wrote:
> > Lazy highlight doesn't want to try matching in those skip-regions, and
> > since it cannot support non-contiguous regions

> Adding support for non-contiguous regions to lazy-highlight is trivial -
> the same way we did it recently for query-replace.

I don't think I know what you mean, here.  I don't see it as being at
all trivial, but maybe I'm missing something.
isearch-lazy-highlight-new-loop will need to get a list of regions to
skip, and pass this on to i-l-h-update which will need to step gingerly
through the allowed regions.

> But to use it we need a list of boundaries of skipped regions from
> ispell.  I guess this shouldn't be too difficult to do using regexps
> that Alan fixed today in ispell-skip-region-list.

We should be able to take the list of boundaries from the bit of code
which searches for them in the first place.  Maybe.  Somehow.

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).